Our regular hours are as follows:
(Last admission to Gardens is 30 minutes prior to Garden Closing.)
November to February
Weekdays 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Weekends 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
March to October
Weekdays 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day
Please check on the News and Events section on the Home page for closure for any special events.
Admission tokens are valid only on the day purchased and cannot be used for visits on future dates.
|Adult (18 - 64) ||$10 |
|Students (5 - 17)||$8|
|Children (4 and younger)||Free|
|Saratoga Residents||$2 discount|
|First Tuesday of Month for Saratoga Residents||Free|
* Credit card payment for less than $10 will be charged $1.50 per transaction as a processing fee.
* Prices subject to change without notice.
If you would like to sit and enjoy a picnic at Hakone please make sure to stop by our picnic area (we do not allow food or beverages in the garden). We offer six standard sized picnic tables in an area of about 450 square feet. Picnic tables are on a first come first served basis (no reservations are taken.) For larger groups please contact our events office for pricing on our other venues (firstname.lastname@example.org).Guidelines
- Please stay on the paths and watch your step. The fine gravel covering may hide tree roots, rocks, steps or uneven surfaces.
- Children should be supervised at all times, preferably by at least one adult per five children. Please do not allow children to run around, shout, or kick gravel, so that other visitors can enjoy the tranquility without being disturbed. For young children, please feel free to use Children's Handout material.
- Please do not throw any objects, including coins, into the Koi pond, The delicate fish and turtles suffer as a consequence.
- No pets or animals are allowed in the Gardens except leashed service dogs.
- Please do not sit on the handrails of bridges, buildings, or trails.
- Except bottled water, food and beverages are allowed in designated picnic area only. Picnic areas are for the general public and cannot be reserved.
- No smoking in the entire Gardens.
- Please be aware that parts of the Bamboo Gardens may be closed seasonally (April-May) to protect new growth. (May 21, 2013 Bamboo Gardens have been reopened)
Wheelchair Access - Because paths and walkways are covered with either fine gravel or rock, the Gardens have limited access for wheelchairs.
Photography: Commercial, formal occasion, and political photography/videography require permits and reservation. Please do not block the garden paths with equipment. .
Buses - Bus access is limited due to the sharp turns and steep grade of the entry road. Buses longer than 30 feet and larger than 24 passengers are not allowed. Parking for buses is available at the base of the drive, on Big Basin Way. Visitors may use the hiking trail (1/4 mile) from Big Basin Way to the Gardens.
Special Hakone Access for Saratoga Residents
On the first Tuesday of every month, Saratoga Residents and their guests are welcome to Hakone on a free admission basis (free parking is included) during regular operating hours. When entering Hakone, Saratoga residents are requested to provide verification (such as a drivers license or electricity bill) showing that they currently reside within the City of Saratoga, Each resident may bring two guests.